Well Spring is about to arrive, and it couldn't come at a better time. All of Rochester is dying to get outdoors and re-introduce ourselves to the trails, parks, playgrounds, ball fields, and golf courses we hold in such high esteem.
And this too ends my winter-long boycott of skyways. So allow me to enlighten you with a rundown of the top five things that I learned along the way.
- Your friends and relatives are not as supportive of a "no skyways" policy.
- People will try to make you break your principled stand.
- Persistent exposure to cold weather can make you a little abrasive at times.
- As compared to the street level, there seems to be more "fun" happening in skyways (e.g. more laughing, more gesturing, more conversation, etc.)
5. It is certainly possible, albeit more inconvenient.